Monday, July 7, 2008

Muffins!


Today marks the end of my 10 days with Muffin...

For the past 10 days I've been house sitting in a beautiful house in Robinson Ranch.  This family has the sweetest dog whom Josh has renamed "Muffin."  Roxy is Muffin's legal name, but she will always be fondly remembered as Muffin.  Josh has this thing where he thinks that whatever thoughts pop into his head must be the way things ought to be.  Point in case: Muffin.  Josh met Roxy and within the first hour he decided she didn't look like a Roxy, but he was positive that she was "Muffin."  And so we went with it and he was actually right this time (and when I say he was right this time I mean to say that he isn't always right when he decides to rename something/one/animal).  Muffin became our pride and joy this past week despite her one flaw.  She pees.  

And when I say she pees...i mean she pees a lot.  So I decided to rename her breed, for her and for her alone.  She is a Shitzoo, but I think this is a mistake...she is really a Peezoo!  Yet the weird thing is that it is a submissive thing.  So when you first get home she is so excited to see you that she can't control it and every time you bend down to pet her, she squats down to the ground and starts peeing.  Yet once you've been home for five minutes, she is fine (as long as you don't get her too excited).  At first this was a big annoyance, yet after the first few days I learned that if I brought her outside as soon as I got home and petted her several times until the pee stopped, she was fine the rest of the time.  So once this problem was resolved--i fell for Muffin!  Josh and I totally love this dog.  Neither of us really liked shitzoos before, but now we are like we could get a shitzoo and name her muffin!---we love her and totally want to adopt her!


Events of the Week at Muffins:
1. Jamie and Megan came and we had a little sleep over
        *I love my girls!

2. We thought Muffin swallowed a squeaker toy
         *Josh and I came home on Tuesday around 11:15 from a movie and 5 minutes after we walked in the door, Roxy/Muffin was trying to bark (or so we thought) and it was just squeaky and I went over to her and held her and felt her throat and it felt and sounded like a toy was in there.  So I freaked out!  I made Josh call the vet and listen to the recording so we could take her to the animal emergency hospital, because I'm the worst house sitter ever!  I leave her alone to go to a movie and she swallows a squeaker--great!  So Josh and I call the place, find out where it is, and hop in the car.  I pick Muff up and remember she pees a lot, yep, she pees all over me, but I'm like its okay we just need to save her!  So we are in the car and we pull off of their street and I'm like wait we need to go back and get her owners' cell phone numbers so we can call them and let them know what is going on.  So we turn around and as we do, we notice that she hasn't been squeaking.  Weird right?  So we get out and bring her back in and we just let her be for a minute and no squeaking and I feel her throat and it feels fine.  Then she started barking normally and we are like...okay, this seems to be good.  So we are like alright...well we don't want to take her to the animal hospital and have them charge us/them a ton of money if she swallowed it and seems to be fine.  So we opted to just observe her and hope all is well.  So next day I called their vet and told them that I think she swallowed a squeaker toy and they basically freak me out and are like you need to bring her in for X-rays ASAP because this horrible thing could happen which would cause this other really horrible thing to happen and she wouldn't live very long or this other bad thing could happen which leads to this other thing...and you get the picture...they freak me out!  So I'm like okay great I have to call them and tell them I ruined their dog.  So I left them a message and finally her owner calls back and she is like oh Roxy is fine.  I'm sorry I forgot to tell you she has asthma and her trachea collapses sometimes and it sounds kind of squeaky.  So luckily, all of that was for nothing...but it scared the shitzoo out of me!

3. I killed 32 spiders in their house
        *Yes I counted!  Because I hate spiders and I killed 4 the first night I was there and then the next day there were more and they were big and all looked related.  So I freaked out and started counting.  Let me tell you I was able to kind of overcome my fear of spiders and I came close enough to them to smash them (and one time one of them touched my toe--eww!).  But yes I killed many-a-spider and only 2 got away all week.  One of them saw me spot him (and he was one of the huge mamas) and he was still and I ran over to grab my shoe and he ran to the corner under the cabinet and I reached for him, but he slipped into the crack and it creeped me out!  Then the other one that got away---i totally let him.  I woke up in the middle of the night sick and had to go get water and I was too tired and sick to kill him, so I let him live.  



It was really a good week aside from all of the spiders!  It was really nice to have a house all to myself.  No parents, no sister, no no one.  I love having that privacy and freedom to do whatever and not have to talk to anyone.  It was also nice to be able to have time with people one on one without other people being around.  

So I love Muffin!  I love house sitting!  (if you know of someone looking for a house/dog sitter give them my name...i love it!)
I miss Muffin!  I miss having a house all to myself!

2 comments:

oomerfoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates