Monday, July 7, 2008

the lost art of confrontation

confrontation-why do we live lives where we act like all is good in our little world when in reality it isn't?

We need to rediscover confrontation.  This is something that I've been learning this past year which is way hard!  But God's been showing me that I need to be someone who lives by my convictions, especially those which are biblically based.  Last semester I was given many opportunities to stand up for what is good.  It was difficult and it didn't always end in a "thank you Kaitlin for speaking truth to me," but more often in a lost friendship.  But God has given me a peace about that because I was speaking the words He gave me.  

So for sometime I've been thinking about this one situation and I just know that I need to confront.  I'm nervous, but I know it needs to be done.

1 comments:

S G said...

Kaitlin!! Its Stephanie. :)
LOVE the post. I'm not a fan of confrontation either but over this past year have been learning how good and loving it actually is. I even wrote a ginormous paper about confrontation - but that still doesn't make it any easier! Good luck with your situation!

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates