Tuesday, December 9, 2008

injured, injured bad

i woke up this morning to mom, "Kaitlin, I have some bad news"

i immediately thought someone had died--why else would my mom be waking me up at 6:00 in the morning?

she continued to say your car got hit last night.  the second she said that i woke right up.  she went on to say that it was a hit and run and that Reenie was leaving for school this morning and saw the remnants of the crash.  

some moron hit my parked car at like 4:20 in the morning.  they hit my car so hard that my car hit into my sister's car which was parked behind me and shattered her toll road transponder.  

so we waited for the cops to come and do a report.  the cop was supper nice and really funny.  he really helped lighten the mood and he really thinks there is a good chance that we will find the guy (which i hope is true! because I don't have the money to pay my deductible to get it fixed and there has got to be a couple thousand dollars worth of damage)  so we will see!

my car is pretty beat up.  the front bummer is smashed, my left headlight is smashed.  the frame around my left front tire is smashed into the tire.  there is liquid from my engine dripping (i.e. engine damage--yikes!) and it is just a wreck!

it is really a good thing this didn't happen like a year ago because i would be a wreck.  i LOVE my car and back then i loved it probably a bit too much and i would have been devastated.  my mom and josh are both shocked that i'm so calm right now--but maybe i'm still in shock?  who knows?

so the first thing i thought of when i went out there was...my baby is injured, injured bad (from that hospital commercial)

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates