Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pog Blog

Do you remember pogs?  Kindergarten and first grade right?  

Well my pogs were lost when we moved from Palm Springs back to San Diego the summer going into second grade-or so I thought!  For the past 15 years my mom has always told us this story about our move.  My dad was transfered to the La Jolla Chart House from the one in Palm Springs, so we moved back to San Diego.  Unfortunately our house still had another family living in it so we had to move in with my grandparents for a couple of months until our house was vacant again.  Since we could not bring all of our things to my grandparents house, most of our belongings were in storage out in the desert.  The day we went to move back into our house, my dad went out to the desert to make sure the movers got all of our belongings in the truck so that they could move us into our home.  (this is where my mom's story comes in!)  So for the past 15 years my mom has been mad at my dad because all of the boxes didn't make it to our house.  My dad left before the movers had finished loading up the truck because he was going golfing.  So my mom blamed my dad because our pogs never made it home.  I was devastated!  The pog fad had not yet passed and here I was in a new school without pogs! (totally horrible right?)

So this is a story that has been told several times over the years (josh can vouch for that one).  

This past weekend my parents were cleaning out the garage.  My mom comes running into my room holding my pogs!!  (Whaaaaaat!)  Yes, she found the box!  we had since then moved it with us from San Diego to our house here in Rancho 13 years ago.  My mom had never opened the box because it was labeled "Kids Crafts" and she didn't think that our pogs would be there.

So needless to say, I was very excited to get my pogs back!  Although I do remember having more (in a bigger pog sleeve thingy), so maybe one of the boxes is still missing!!!  

My mom apologized to my dad and all is restored!

0 comments:

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates